Trace Mercury Analysis
Monitoring the mercury levels can help avoid significant costs linked to equipment failure and ensure exposure levels are minimised.
IPL tests for trace concentrations of mercury in a wide range of sample types at ppt levels in:
• LPG (liquefied petroleum gas)
We measure ‘total mercury’ including insoluble mercury associated with particulate contaminants and speciation is available on request.
IPL can supply Sulfinert coated pressure vessels to sample gas and LPG for subsequent mercury and hydrogen sulphide trace analysis.
Why choose IPL’s expertise?
• Local centre of expertise (Northland and Taranaki laboratories)
• Mercury analysis in liquid, solid and gas matrices
• Highly accurate and precise results to a sensitivity of 20ppt (ng/kg).
• Speciation of mercury available
• Turn-around within 48hrs of sample receipt
*same day turn-around available on request
Another year full of successful project entries for the WITT Taranaki Science and Technology Fair. Our lovely Pam Chung attended the event and also helped judge the projects on display. Pam was truly amazed by the level of detail and the precision of the scientific processes followed by some of the participants. “I thought the kids did a great job at noting down and presenting evidence of their work at each step of their investigation”. It was great to hear back from Pam about how impressed she was by the thoroughness of some of our scientists in making. Read More ›